I left my house at 4am on a Tuesday to board a bus in Chinatown and embark on the third Startup Bus. We dozed for a few hours, and headed up to the front of the bus to begin pitching our ideas to the bus. By around 8am about ~30 of us wandered around a rest stop in NJ, scarfing down coffee and donuts and forming teams. My team formed to build Adventeur, a choose-your-own-adventure app for the check-in generation. The next three days were a blur of building, designing, and play-testing as we drove down to Austin for SxSW, meeting up with other buses along the way. Our app, Adventeur, made it to the finals. I had pleasure and honor of working with one of the best teams I’ve ever been a part of: Eris, Jono, Harlie, Kevin, Lior, you’re all phenomenal, brilliant, hard-working, and ego- and bullshit-free. I can’t wait to work with you all again.
- RT @adamberlin: Consider the cost of change when choosing UI technology for a given feature. Change from serverside to client side can be c… 2 days ago
- @lissijean Step 1: only wear shirts with pockets. Step 2: INDEX CARDS FTW!! :-) 3 weeks ago
- RT @adamberlin: I enjoy working with people that have the software knowledge of these books: Pragmatic Programmer, Refactoring, XP Explaine… 3 weeks ago
- RT @jashkenas: Dear Open Source friends and comrades: Software licensing got you down? I’ve got a Lil License for you: https://t.co/iwnXV… 4 weeks ago
- RT @jonathanpberger: .@FiveThirtyEight pls cross-ref electoral map w states vulnerable to mischief. Is Hil at ~80% w Russian hacking or GOP… 1 month ago
Sometimes I take pictures.
I don’t care if tag clouds are passe, I like ’em.