Eavesdropping on the Metro North conductor chatting with an old-timer: “I wouldn’t go to a game if you gave me free tickets. I watch it on TV, but all they’ve got for me is overpriced merchandise and expensive food. And the corporate guys get boxes with $1000 seats.” The old-timer’s trying to talk him down, but he’s having none of it. Professional sports are just about over as the pastime of the working- and middle-class.
- RT @mattrothenberg: The working title of my book on front-end development, "Continuous Vimprovment :qqwiiiqqiw!wq!wq!" 14 hours ago
- RT @JorgeO: Snail mail is the worst. 99% is spam. A waste of paper, delivery gas, and attention. 1% is IF YOU DIDN'T OPEN THIS YOU WILL G… 3 weeks ago
- RT @RebeccaKKatz: Even in death, killer gets to be a doctor and victim identified solely by gender. Fixed it for you, @nytimes https://t.co… 3 weeks ago
- RT @anildash: Today we observe the anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg, never forgetting anyone carrying a Confederate flag is an enemy… 3 weeks ago
- RT @ReinH: The blockchain is an elaborate mechanism that supports the free and open flow of currency from software engineers to electricity… 3 weeks ago
Sometimes I take pictures.
I don’t care if tag clouds are passe, I like ’em.