“What is Web Design and Where’s Its Canon?” seems to be the meta-meme of the moment: Bokardo replies to Vit, and Zeldman checks in too. There may be a ways to go until a positive definition comes about (Zeldman attempts it, and he’s halfway there, but something feels like its missing), but its encouraging to hear a common theme emerge: web design is not graphic design, and cannot be judged by graphic-design standards any more than graphic design can be judged by the standards of, say, fine art.
- @jamiew Used 2 use chef scripts for that sort of thing. Finicky set up, but great 4 scaling & Convention Over Confi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 months ago
- RT @stubbornella: How does @twitter choose who gets verified? Plenty of folks w fewer followers than me are verified. Is it because I’m a v… 2 months ago
- Trying to source a quote from someone (@monteiro?) to the effect of “my entire design career is basically grabbing… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 months ago
- RT @adamberlin: Consider the cost of change when choosing UI technology for a given feature. Change from serverside to client side can be c… 3 months ago
- @lissijean Step 1: only wear shirts with pockets. Step 2: INDEX CARDS FTW!! :-) 3 months ago
Sometimes I take pictures.
I don’t care if tag clouds are passe, I like ’em.