“What is Web Design and Where’s Its Canon?” seems to be the meta-meme of the moment: Bokardo replies to Vit, and Zeldman checks in too. There may be a ways to go until a positive definition comes about (Zeldman attempts it, and he’s halfway there, but something feels like its missing), but its encouraging to hear a common theme emerge: web design is not graphic design, and cannot be judged by graphic-design standards any more than graphic design can be judged by the standards of, say, fine art.
- RT @JorgeO: Snail mail is the worst. 99% is spam. A waste of paper, delivery gas, and attention. 1% is IF YOU DIDN'T OPEN THIS YOU WILL G… 2 weeks ago
- RT @RebeccaKKatz: Even in death, killer gets to be a doctor and victim identified solely by gender. Fixed it for you, @nytimes https://t.co… 2 weeks ago
- RT @anildash: Today we observe the anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg, never forgetting anyone carrying a Confederate flag is an enemy… 2 weeks ago
- RT @ReinH: The blockchain is an elaborate mechanism that supports the free and open flow of currency from software engineers to electricity… 2 weeks ago
- RT @mattrothenberg: 5 stages of Enterprise web development 1. Denial 2. Angular 1 3. Bargaining 4. Depression 5. Angular 2 3 weeks ago
Sometimes I take pictures.
I don’t care if tag clouds are passe, I like ’em.